The following are requirements for applying with a legacy status:
- High school education or equivalence and attain the age of 18.
- Completion of Substance Abuse Prevention Skills Training (SAPST), Native American SAPST, or Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA) National Coalition Academy training within the last 7 years.
- Completion of Ethics in Prevention Course within last 2 years.
- Ten thousand (10,000) documented hours of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs (ATOD) prevention – work experience (paid or volunteer).
- Signed Agreement to abide by the MPCB Code of Ethics.
- Fees: $75 for application and $150.00 for certification.