Once your application is complete, it's ready for review by the Education/Eligibility Committee. The Committee meets every-other-month to review applications. Once the Committee approves your application, you are cleared to sit for the exam.
If you are a Legacy Candidate, congratulations! You have satisfied the requirements to earn a CPS Certificate! See below how to access your Credentials Awarded.
- The Certification Program Manager will notify you that you've been approved to take the exam and have been pre-registered via the client portal. IC&RC uses SMT/Prometric to administer examinations.
- Candidates will receive an email from SMT that outlines how to select a date, time, and location to sit for the examination. This location may be a remote proctored location or a physical testing site. Note: All of IC&RC’s testing is computer-based, there is no other option available.
- You will take the exam on the date and time scheduled. Upon exam completion, preliminary scores will be provided.
- MPCB will receive notification when your official scores are available and accessible. MPCB will then provide you with the final results.
- If you passed, your passing examination letter will be uploaded into Certemy and the Certification Program Manager will finalize the certification.
- You will then be able to access your Prevention Specialist Certificate in the Digital Wallet in Certemy. We also highly recommend you download a copy for your records.
- Once an applicant becomes a CPS, they enter the Maintenance & Renewal phase whereby they are required to complete a minimum number of annual continuing education (CE) and abide by the MPCB Code of Ethical Conduct in their daily practice. Timely payment of renewal fees and completion of CE documentation is required to prevent inactive status.